Welcome to Social Marketing Services
Social Marketing is a distinct marketing discipline, one that has been labeled as such since the early '70s and is focused on influencing behaviors for good -- ones that will improve health, prevent injuries, protect the environment, contribute to communities and enhance financial well being. Fundamental principles at the core of this practice have been used to help reduce tobacco use, decrease infant mortality, stop the spread of HIV/AIDS, make wearing bike helmets a social norm, decrease littering, increase recycling, increase savings, and persuade pet owners to license their pets and "scoop their poop."
Social Marketing Services, Inc., formed in 1993, is a small consulting firm located in the Seattle area providing consultation for social marketing campaign development and evaluation. (See Nancy in Pedestrian Safety Video )
Nancy Lee, MBA, Founder and President of Social Marketing Services, Inc., has more than 25 years of professional marketing experience in the private, nonprofit and public sectors. She is an adjunct faculty member at the University of Washington, Seattle University, and the University of South Florida. She conducts seminars and workshops on social marketing and marketing in the public sector and is a frequent speaker on social marketing at conferences, coalition meetings and workshops.
Nancy has coauthored 8 books with Philip Kotler:
- Social Marketing: Influencing Behaviors for Good (Lee/Kotler) Sage 2011 4th edition
- Social Marketing to Protect the Environment: What Works (Doug McKenzie-Mohr, Nancy R. Lee, P. (Paul) Wesley Schultz and Philip Kotler) Sage 2011
- Social Marketing for Public Health: Global Trends and success Stories (Cheng/Kotler/Lee) Jones and Bartlett 2009
- Up and Out of Poverty: The Social Marketing Solution (Kotler/Lee) Wharton School Publishing 2009
- Social Marketing: Influencing Behaviors for Good (Kotler/Lee) Sage 2008
- Marketing in the Public Sector (Kotler/Lee) Wharton School Publishing 2006
- Corporate Social Responsibility (Kotler/Lee) Wiley 2005
- Social Marketing: Improving the Quality of Life (Kotler/Roberto/Lee) Sage 2002